NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. BY ENTERING, PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND THE DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES, WHICH SHALL BE FINAL IN ALL RESPECTS.
1. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter the 2014 National Right to Life Video Contest, (the “Contest”), participants must be legal residents of any of the fifty United States or the District of Columbia, must be between 15 and 25 years of age at the time of entry to participate. This Contest is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited by law.
2. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest officially launches at 12:00:00 P.M. (Noon) ET on February 1, 2014, and will end at 11:59:59 A.M. ET on April 1, 2014, (“Contest Period”). Participants may enter the Contest at any point during that period (the “Submission Period”).
3. HOW TO ENTER: Eligible participants may enter the Contest during the Submission Period by sending an original video to the National Right to Life Convention. Participants must submit their first name, last name, a valid phone number and a valid email address, select their video to upload for submission (their “Submission”) and agree to the Official Contest Rules, Terms & Conditions (the “Contest Rules”). Submissions must adhere to the Creative Assignment, Technical Requirements and Additional Requirements (as defined below).
Submissions that do not include all required information and adhere to the Contest Rules as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will be considered void. Once uploaded, Submissions will not be returned. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, remove, delete and/or disqualify any Submission and/or Entrant (as defined in “Additional Requirements” below) it deems inappropriate or otherwise non-compliant.
The creative assignment for the Contest (“Creative Assignment”) is as follows:
Create a video between at least 30 seconds in length and no longer than 3 minutes in length. Videos may promote the respect for life form conception until natural death, etc. Participants are encouraged to make their Submissions creative and entertaining, whether they are serious or funny.
Videos must focus exclusively on abortion, euthanasia, or infanticide. Submissions that do not adhere to this requirement may be disqualified.
A panel of judges as determined by National Right to Life Conventions, Inc., will review and judge Submissions according to the following Judging Criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
Adherence to Contest Rules 25%
Overall Appeal 25%
Video file must be submitted – the video file must be under three (3) minutes in length (all copyrighted material will be removed). It is recommended that video file size be kept under three hundred (300) MB for quicker upload/encoding time. Finalists (as defined below) may be asked to provide higher resolution files. Video files must be provided in one of the following file formats: .MP4; .MPG; .MOV; .AVI; or .WMV.
For all video submissions shot in 16:9 aspect ratio, they should be center cut protected. Finalists may be asked to provide the original audio and video files used during production of the entry for broadcast purposes. This may include uncompressed QuickTime files, final audio mix and/or separate audio tracks for dialogue, music, and effects. These items are not mandatory to become a Finalist (as defined below).
Participants must have received permission for the use of the image/likeness of any and all identifiable persons appearing in their Submission. A generic release form may be used to confirm permissions from persons appearing in the Submission; however, if selected as a Finalist in the Contest, participants will be required to obtain a release provided by Sponsor signed by each identifiable person appearing in the Submission granting Sponsor permission to use his or her image/likeness for no additional consideration.
The person uploading the Submission will be deemed the entrant (“Entrant”). The Entrant is the one (1) person who owns the email address associated with the Submission. If any group elects to collaborate on a Submission, they are required to designate one (1) person as the agent of the group to enter the Contest, agree to these Contest Rules and accept any Award (as defined below) on behalf of the group. The Sponsor, the Contest Administrators nor any of the Contest Entities are liable for any disputes between collaborators arising under or related to the Contest.
Each individual Entrant is allowed one (1) submission per Submission Period. However, each individual Entrant is limited to one (1) Finalist Award (as defined below); once an Entrant receives a Finalist Award, any future Submissions will be disqualified.
Limit one (1) Finalist Award per person, household and/or email address throughout the Contest Period.
Each Submission must comply with the Website and Contest Rules.
Each Submission must be the original work of the Entrant produced for this Contest; it may not have been entered in or won previous contests or awards (including previous contests held by Sponsor); it may not have been published previously in any medium; it must not infringe any party’s intellectual property or other rights; it must be suitable for display and publication on national television (e.g. may not be obscene or indecent, including but not limited to nudity or profanity); it must not contain obscene or pornographic material, it must not contain defamatory statements (including but not limited to words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group), it must not include threats to any person, place, business, group or world peace, it must not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity, and it must not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations or network standards.
Each Submission must not contain any copyrighted works (other than as owned by the Entrant). Any music included in the Submission must be entirely original, created and performed by Entrant, or be in the public domain and not require any additional clearances for Sponsor to use or post on public websites or to use in public forums (including on national television) of any kind. Use of any unauthorized music may result in disqualification of Submission, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to remove or blur or to ask the applicable Entrant to remove or blur any non-material elements (e.g. small logos on clothing, artwork hanging in the background, etc.) rather than disqualify an otherwise compliant Submission.
If in Sponsor’s sole determination it is necessary or advisable to make minor, non-material adjustments to an otherwise compliant Submission to comply with network requirements, it may elect to do so, or may ask the applicable Entrant to do so. If Sponsor requests Entrant to make these adjustments and Entrant chooses not to make these adjustments, Submission is subject to disqualification.
All Submissions will be reviewed for content before being published or judged; however, such review does not relieve Entrant from responsibility for compliance with these Contest Rules. Submissions that do not comply in all material respects with these Contest Rules or that otherwise contain prohibited, copyrighted or inappropriate content as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified and will not be published or considered for Awards. Sponsor makes the final determination as to which Submissions are eligible to take part in this Contest and to be considered for an Award. Certain Submissions may be featured from time to time during the Contest Period on the Website, Sponsor’s website, social media pages and channels, in Sponsor’s sole discretion; being selected as a featured Submission is unrelated to the Judging Criteria and does not guarantee selection as a Finalist in the Contest.
By entering this Contest and uploading a Submission, Entrant irrevocably grants to Sponsor and their agents the unconditional and perpetual right to post, display, publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify such Submission in any way, in any and all media, for any purpose, without limitation, and without consideration to Entrant. Finalists agree to irrevocably assign and transfer to the Sponsor any and all rights, title and interest in Submission, including, without limitation, all copyrights and waive all moral rights in Submission. All Contest Entrants further agree to release and indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, the Contest Administrators and the Contest Entities from any and all claims that any commercial, advertising, presentation, web content or any other material subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of Sponsor infringe on the rights of Entrant’s work as contained in any Submission.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Entrants agree that the Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Contest and that all decisions of Sponsor are final and binding. Finalists, by acceptance of a Finalist Award, agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Contest Administrators and Contest Entities, as well as each of their respective parent and affiliated companies, and each of their officers, directors, employees, representatives, contractors, advertisers and sponsor from any and all liability, loss, damage, cost or claim related to any allegation regarding the acceptance or use of any Award, including but not limited to the airing of the Submission.
If the actual, alleged or publicized conduct of any Entrant is illegal or, if any Entrant has been charged with or convicted of a crime, or in Sponsor’s sole discretion is otherwise grossly offensive or violates generally accepted standards of behavior (including, but not limited to, illicit drug use or public intoxication) or otherwise leads the Sponsor to believe or conclude that the public association with the Entrant subjects Sponsor to ridicule, contempt, controversy, embarrassment or scandal, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify Entrant and their Submission will no longer be eligible for this Contest.
5. AWARD DETAILS: Three total Awards will be issued to the top three video submissions according to the determination of the judgment of the National Right to Life Conventions, Inc. The Awards will be titled: “First Place,” “Second Place,” and “Third Place.” Each one of these videos will be shown at the National Right to Life Convention in the year of the contest.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All Entrants must have a valid email address. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest. Further, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry and/or voting processes or the operation of the Website, the Contest or any Sponsor or Contest-related website; (b) violating the Contest Rules; (c) violating the Website terms of service, conditions of use and/or applicable general rules or guidelines; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. This Contest is offered only in the United States and is governed by the laws of the District of Columbia. All claims relating in any manner to this Contest or to any Submission must be resolved in the federal or state courts.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THE WEBSITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIG HT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Finalists (or Finalist’s parent/legal guardian if Finalist is a minor in the state of his/her residence) will be notified by phone and/or email within one (1) week of the end of the Voting Period and will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, (“Liability Release”), and, where lawful, a Publicity Release (individually “Release” and collectively “Releases”). Notification of Finalist status must be kept confidential until the Finalists are publicly revealed by Sponsor or any Finalist Prize will be forfeited and the Submission will not be eligible for any Award. Any Finalist Submission will not be eligible for the Grand Prize unless the properly and fully completed Releases are received by Sponsor no later than five (5) days after notification of being a Finalist. Finalist Award will be forfeited and an alternate Finalist may be selected if any required documents are not returned within the required number of days or if any mail is returned as undeliverable without forwarding address. Sponsor reserves the right to require a potential Finalist to submit to a confidential background check to confirm eligibility and help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Contest will not bring Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Contest as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Finalists, the winner of the Grand Prize and their guests will also be required to complete and sign a Liability Release prior to traveling if applicable. If a guest is a minor, the Liability Release must be completed by the minor guest’s parent or legal guardian and minor guest must be traveling with his/her parent or legal guardian. Any costs associated with travel, are the full responsibility of the traveler and will NOT be paid by Sponsor.
Finalists consent to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, biography, voice and/or video for advertising and promotional purposes, including online announcements, without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to Entrants. By accepting an Award, Finalist (or Finalist’s parent or legal guardian if Finalist is a minor) agrees, and agrees in writing if requested, that the Submission will be deemed a Work Made For Hire under the Copyright laws of the United States, but if it cannot be so deemed, then the Finalist agrees to irrevocably assign and transfer to Sponsor all of his/her right, title and interest in and to his/her Submission, if any, including all but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which he or she may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Finalists hereby waive in favor of Sponsor, all rights of “Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that Finalist may now or later have to his/her Submission. Sponsor reserves the right to alter, change or modify a winning Submission, in its sole discretion. Upon request of Sponsor, Finalist shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of assignment, as may be solely deemed by Sponsor, reasonably necessary to establish the ownership of record of the right, title and interest in and to the Submission and of the copyrights transferred and “Moral Rights of Authors” waived under these Official Rules. Should Sponsor fail to request the said assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsor’s rights and Sponsor may at a later time request the assignment.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by the Sponsor, the Contest Administrators or Contest Entities resulting from any user’s participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with participating in the Contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor, the Contest Administrators or Contest Entities for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Contest: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted e-mail transmissions; inaccessibility of the Website in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Website; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Contest. The Sponsor, the Contest Administrators and Contest Entities are not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of Awards or these Contest Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Website. Use of the Website is at user’s own risk. The Sponsor, the Contest Administrators and Contest Entities are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user’s or any other person’s computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the Website or the download of any information from the Website. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant releases Sponsor, Contest Administrators and the Contest Entities from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such Entrant’s participation in the Contest. By accepting an Award in the Contest, winners agree that the Sponsor, the Contest Administrators and Contest Entities shall not be liable for any loss or injury resulting from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of any award, prize, or any travel related thereto. Sponsor, Contest Administrators and the Contest Entities are not liable in the event that any portion of the Contest is cancelled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a “Force Majeure Event”).
9. WINNERS’ LIST/RULES REQUEST: For the names of the winners of the Contest or a copy of the Contest Rules, send your request with a self-addressed, stamped envelope to National Right to Life Video Contest, 512 10th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20004.
10. PERSONAL INFORMATION: By submitting personal information and entering the Contest, participants accept, consent and agree to receive promotional email notifications from Sponsor. Participants may choose to opt-out by unsubscribing upon receipt of any promotional email.